Flower Joy

 

Have I ever mentioned how much I love flowers? Well I LOVE them!!!! And they make my spirit so happy. 

For some reason it makes me smile to see little Zinnia shoots coming up in the garden, spring blooms floating by on the breeze.The most idyllic thing that comes from the ground blooms, and they surprisingly enough relate to all of us. As humans our purpose is to glorify God as creations of God, and all of nature resounds with us. We share the same purpose as the flowers, we are unique like their color, special like their variety, and all cared for by the same king. One evening I found myself plucking away at a poem and it's what I felt regarding our relation to them.

I bring my little basket of flowers to the Lord.
They were watered by His blood,
Cared for by the King.
Transformed from a crown of thorns
A little broken thing.
Taken from the breeze of His resurrection, and planted in the hope of revelation.
My little flowers tell a story of His almighty glory.
Then He took them from my hands and placed them in a pearly vase, full of other people's stories of redemption and grace. He placed them on a stand for everyone to view, the strange, odd, and discolored to name a few. Some were long some were short, some were vibrant, some were dim.
But all of them were smiled on by Him.

Here are some ideas of what to do with flowers, whether you can't resist picking them off the side of the road, were store bought, or gifted to you!  

So without further adieu, I present to you flower ideas!

  • Press them


 

  • Take pictures with them
 
 
 
 
  • Find a special one for each person in your family
  • Make a flower crown and relive some childhood fairy fantasies ;)




  • Gift them to a distant neighbor
  • Bless someone you don't know
  • Enjoy them 



  • Find some roadside wildflowers and grab an old jar without a label and make a lovely center piece for free!

Feel free to comment if you'd like on your very favorite flower! And something you enjoy doing with them! 


"The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad; the desert shall rejoice and blossom like the crocus; it shall blossom abundantly and rejoice with joy and singing.
The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it the majesty of Carmel and Sharon. They shall see the glory of the Lord,
the majesty of our God." -Isaiah 35:1-2

Comments

  1. This made my heart smile - I love your ideas and especially your poetic words. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say the Sunflower is one of my favorites. The way it points to the sun is a good reminder how we should pint to God, who is our light :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I just bought a little jam jar of bachelor's buttons on Saturday from the lady who owns the field we picked in last June. I do have a soft spot for tulips--and not just because of our annual festival!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts